Saturday, June 29, 2013

Call Me Crazy . . . . . . .

I am sitting in my mom and dad’s motorhome riding down the road going 65 miles an hour writing on my laptop.  Man, I love technology. 

I haven’t had much time to write on my blog lately.  Life has been so incredibly busy.

Hectic.

Crazy chaotic.

Not only have I not had time to stop and write on here.  I feel like I haven’t had time for God like I should. 

I have been re-reading the book Crazy Love by Frances Chan.  I highly recommend this book.  I remember when I read it the first time it I was going to change.  I was going to be what Jesus wanted me to.  Love others like Jesus.  Give God all the Glory

Once again, life got in the way.  Actually I got in the way.  I blame things on other people, not enough time, too much stress.

Being brutally honest here.  I AM THE PROBLEM.  No one is to blame for anything I do except me.  

If I want to fix my problems, I have to focus on GOD MORE and me less.

Here I am again sitting writing on my laptop, listening to my old school ipod (which I love way better than my Iphone or Ipod touch) and looking up things using my 3G on my Iphone.  What did I do before Google?  Oh I know.

I read.  My Bible. 

Books about Jesus.  Books about love.  Books about kids.  I never read anymore if it isn’t something to do with school for the kids.  I miss reading.  I love it.  There is so  much to learn about life from other’s perspectives.

I am going to share an essay written by a 12 year named Brooke Bronkowski.

SINCE I HAVE MY LIFE BEFORE ME

I’ll live my life to the fullest.  I’ll be happy.  I’ll brighten up.  I will be more  joyful than I have ever been..  I will be kind to others.  I will loosen up.  I will tell others about Christ.   I will go on adventures and change the world.  I will be bold and not change who I really am.  I will have no troubles but instead help others with their troubles.

You see, I’ll be one of those people who live to be history makers at a young age.  Oh, I’ll have moments, good and bad, but I will wipe away the bad and only remember the good.  In fact, that’s all I remember, just good moments, nothing in between, just living my life to the fullest. I’ll be one of those people who go somewhere with a mission, an awesome plan, a world-changing plan, and nothing will hold me back.  I’ll set an example for others, I will pray for direction.

I have my life before me.  I will give others the joy I have and God will give me more joy.  I will do everything God tells me to do.  I will follow the footsteps of God.  I will do my best!!!

Brooke died two years later at the age of 14 in a car accident.  You see, she didn’t have a long life.  But she did impact thousands of people.  She bought Bibles to give to people who didn’t know Jesus.  She had them in her garage.   At her funeral over 200 people gave their lives to Jesus.  She impacted her little part of the world for good.  At the age of 12

Wow What is my excuse for not impacting my little part of the world for good?  The only thing I want to be said about me when I am gone is that I lived like Jesus.  That I loved others when no one else did. 

Now don’t get me wrong..  You can love others without letting them step on you.  Been there.  Done that.  I love everyone. 

I mean everyone.

My soon to be ex-husband.  Yep, I love him.

The girl who I said I hated in school.  Love her.

The guy who just cut us off and we had to slam on the brakes because of, causing my laptop to mess up.  Love him.

The girl who stole the one thing I thought was secure in my life,  I love her. 

I also pity her.  She completely gave herself up for something that in God’s eyes can never belong to her.  I see that as her loss.  Not mine. 

Just because I love these people does NOT mean I have to let them in my life..   I am a firm believer that you tend to rub off on people.  Usually the bad rubs off so I strive to have more good to rub off on people.   I have seen first hand that friends overlook things. 

Let me tell you something..  If you are my friend and I know you are sleeping with a married person, I will not be hanging out with both of you together on the weekend.  Don’t think God wants me to do that.  I still love you.  But I will never condone your wrong choices.  Never.

In saying that, please don’t condone mine either. 

No matter what I will chose JOY.  (Jesus, others, you). 

Years after reading Crazy Love, here I sit, stating again that I want that kind of love for Jesus.  I want you to think I’m crazy. 

I mean totally crazy.  For Jesus. 

The fact that I have the rest of my life excites me. 

But.  At any moment that could end.   Today..  Tomorrow.  Ten years from now.

It doesn’t matter..  I’m going to strive to live like Brooke.  I will be happy.  I will give that happiness away and God will give me more.   I will do my best. 

All for JESUS. 

Join  me and we can make the world a better place.  One little person, who is just a very small second of God’s universe, trying to share His LOVE.

God loves you.   And so do I.

No comments:

Disclosure

I would like to let you know that this blog contains reviews done by me in exchange for products from certain companies. I have not received any other compensation for the honest reviews that I post. I will never promise a favorable review. If I don't like the product, I will honestly tell you why.

I would like to disclose the following existing relationships with affiliates: CurrClick, AdSense. I am an affiliate with the aforementioned companies and may receive compensation if a reader clicks through a link on my blog and makes a purchase.

If you have any questions about this, please e-mail me at loriboling@gmail.com.,\