Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My computer crashed

I haven't posted in awhile. It isn't because I've been slacking off (although I may have done that anyway). My computer crashed 2 weeks ago. I don't mean it just isn't working right; it isn't working at all. My son opened an email that seemed to have a virus attached to it and that was the beginning of the end. I sent it to my cousin who has always been able to fix our computer problems. Now it won't even boot into windows. He sent it to a friend of his who has always been able to fix his computer problems. He has had it for a week and I still haven't heard anything.

I'm praying that he will at least be able to get my stuff off of the hard drive. If not, two years worth of pictures, downloads and all of my TOS crew items will be lost forever. I have learned from all of this that I should use the external hard drive that my husband so lovingly bought me last year. I promise I will from now on.

So, now I am waiting to see if it can be fixed all the while trying to find the money for a new laptop. It's not looking so good with vacation coming up.

Thanks for sticking with me through all of this. I will be back soon and will be starting TOS reviews next month, I think.

Happy Homeschooling.

1 comment:

Ruby Badcoe said...

ARGH! I can feel the frustration in every word in your post. I know exactly how this feels! Virus damage is one of the hardest to fix. I hope none of your files had to be sacrificed to the darn thing! If the virus kept the computer from booting, then that means it attacked the hard drive, which is not a good sign. I hope your files were backed up though!

Disclosure

I would like to let you know that this blog contains reviews done by me in exchange for products from certain companies. I have not received any other compensation for the honest reviews that I post. I will never promise a favorable review. If I don't like the product, I will honestly tell you why.

I would like to disclose the following existing relationships with affiliates: CurrClick, AdSense. I am an affiliate with the aforementioned companies and may receive compensation if a reader clicks through a link on my blog and makes a purchase.

If you have any questions about this, please e-mail me at loriboling@gmail.com.,\