Monday, June 14, 2010

My Baby's growing up

I knew this day would come but it still surprises me. My baby is growing up. Yes, he is 11 years old and I realize that he's not a baby anymore; but he is still my little boy. About a month ago Griffin and I made a deal. I told him that as soon as he learned his multiplication facts, he could get a cell phone. Now, you need to realize that we have been working on these for almost 3 years.
Every time he would learn a set of facts, it seemed like the next day he would forget them. So, I thought it would be at least 6 months to a year before he could accomplish this. Seems to me like he was playing me all this time. Now, 4 weeks later, he knows all of the facts up to his 12's.


Guess he just needed a better incentive, huh? So, even though I told him he could have a phone when he started driving, we made a deal I thought wouldn't happen, and my little boy now has a cell phone. He does have to pay the monthly bill. Anyone need their yard mowed?

No comments:

Disclosure

I would like to let you know that this blog contains reviews done by me in exchange for products from certain companies. I have not received any other compensation for the honest reviews that I post. I will never promise a favorable review. If I don't like the product, I will honestly tell you why.

I would like to disclose the following existing relationships with affiliates: CurrClick, AdSense. I am an affiliate with the aforementioned companies and may receive compensation if a reader clicks through a link on my blog and makes a purchase.

If you have any questions about this, please e-mail me at loriboling@gmail.com.,\