Monday, June 23, 2014

Medical Conversions for Math

So, I’m trying to get into nursing school.   It’s a crap load of work Winking smile

I’m in a math class that is A Dimensional Approach to Medical Dosages and Calculations.

We have to memorize all of the conversions so that the math questions are easier and we don’t have to continue to look to see what equals what.

I have been studying these for a couple of weeks.  I have found that the easiest way to memorize them is flashcards.  I picked bright colored paper because white bores me.   The following is the list that our teacher requires us to learn.  This is for me as well as it is for you because I’m hoping that typing them will help me remember.   I didn’t put them in any specific order because this also keeps me from just memorizing them in order.  (I’m lazy that way).

1 mg =  1000 mcg

1 tsp = 60 gtts

1 pt = 500 mL

1 C = 8 oz

1 pt = 500 mL

1 tsp = 5 mL

1 mL = 1 cc

1 grain = 60 mg

dram 1 = 5 mL

1 mL = minim 15

1 oz = 30 mL

1 pt = 16 oz

1 C = 240 mL

1 oz = dram 8

1 oz = 6 tsp

1 oz = 2 tbsp

1 tbsp = 3 tsp

1tbsp = 15 mL

1 mg = 1000 mcg

1 qt = 2 pts

1 qt = 1000 mL

1 pt  = 2 c

1 m  = 100 cm

1 ft = 12 in

1 in = 2.5 cm

1 mL = 15 gtts

1 kg = 2.2 lbs

1 lb = 16 oz

1 kg = 1000 g

1 g = 1000 mg

 

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Disclosure

I would like to let you know that this blog contains reviews done by me in exchange for products from certain companies. I have not received any other compensation for the honest reviews that I post. I will never promise a favorable review. If I don't like the product, I will honestly tell you why.

I would like to disclose the following existing relationships with affiliates: CurrClick, AdSense. I am an affiliate with the aforementioned companies and may receive compensation if a reader clicks through a link on my blog and makes a purchase.

If you have any questions about this, please e-mail me at loriboling@gmail.com.,\