Sunday, August 16, 2009

Grapevine Studies – Old Testament Review

image

I have always wanted to really understand the Bible. Even though I was baptized as a teenager and try to live a life that is pleasing to God; I have never truly understood many parts of the Bible. My first thought when I looked over this curriculum for the first time was, “I’m going to learn so much right along with my children.” A personal relationship with Jesus Christ is my main goal for both of my kids. I feel that this Bible curriculum is going to help me attain this goal. I love the idea of learning by using stick figure drawings in order to remember key points of the Bible.

Grapevine is a Bible study curriculum that stimulates your childs imagination. It does this through the use of stick figure drawing and timelines. I think this is a unique way to engage your child in learning about the Bible. It is for ages 5 through adult and has many different levels which you can see on their website here.

We choose the Old Testament Level 1 in the e-book format. It is available for $25.95 and has 50 lessons. You can also choose the regular book format. You will need the student book and the teachers book no matter which one you choose. My kids and I have learned so much during the short time we have been doing this curriculum. They have asked every day when we are doing our bible study. Even though they already had learned about creation they loved learning it in more detail with the timeline and drawings. My son loves to draw and had a very easy time copying the pictures. I drew the figures on a whiteboard for them in the colors that the teacher’s edition suggests. My daughter, who is 6, had a harder time with the figures but still really liked doing this. She is a perfectionist and wanted her drawings to look just like mine.

This has made including bible study in our homeschool day very easy. One of the best things about it is that they learn so much in so very little time. I have to admit that the first day I didn’t read the suggested daily schedule and we did a weeks worth the first day. The kids didn’t even complain but I was beginning to think it was going to be too much. Good thing I eventually read the directions and it made it much easier. Their suggested schedule is as follows:

Day 1: Timeline and memory verse review page.
Day 2: Complete page one of the lesson.
Day 3: Complete page two of the lesson.
Day 4: Create the character and event card and review their memory verse for that lesson. Level 2 students will also continue with their memory work found at the bottom of the page.

Grapevine Studies mission is to provide believers the tools they need to know God's word and disciple others. With our teaching method and Bible curriculums parents and teachers can effectively disciple their children and students so that they are equipped to reach the world with the truth of the Gospel.

We also received the Birth of Jesus to review and though we haven’t been able to finish it; we are looking forward to having a Christmas in September party at the end of this 5 lesson study. This one is a multi-level study for ages 7 to adult. This would be great for a bible study around Christmas time for a church group or Sunday School. This is very affordable at $6.95 for the student book and $8.95 for the teacher’s book for the ebook version.

image This is a product that I would highly recommend for your homeschool curriculum. Don’t just take my word for it, check out what the other crew members have to say about this here.


No comments:

Disclosure

I would like to let you know that this blog contains reviews done by me in exchange for products from certain companies. I have not received any other compensation for the honest reviews that I post. I will never promise a favorable review. If I don't like the product, I will honestly tell you why.

I would like to disclose the following existing relationships with affiliates: CurrClick, AdSense. I am an affiliate with the aforementioned companies and may receive compensation if a reader clicks through a link on my blog and makes a purchase.

If you have any questions about this, please e-mail me at loriboling@gmail.com.,\