Friday, October 2, 2009

TOS Review – College Prep Genius: Take 2

image

I received College Prep Genius to review and was asked to write a second review telling a little more about it after it was used. You can see my first review here

Because my children are only 10 and 6 and felt like this would be above their learning ability, I asked a fellow homeschool family to try this out and let me know what they thought. You can also read testimonials on their webpage.

She said that at first glance, her 15 and 17 year old were not impressed because it seemed rather dry and unexciting. However, after they started using it more they found a wealth of information. If you are confused by the mystery of the SAT test questions, College Prep Genius by Jean Burk may be for you.

The program emphatically states that the SAT is really a logic test as opposed to a reading, writing and math test. So, she provides you with helpful tips about how to approach each question logically. Many answers can be determined or ruled out based on common sense alone. Acronyms are used extensively to aid you in remembering what to look for in the various types of questions and exam sections.

The program comes with 4 DVDs (introduction, critical reading, math, and writing), a textbook, and a workbook. The 10 hour DVD set is the core of the program. The textbook is used to follow along with the DVD. This textbook also contains pertinent information about the SAT itself. At the end of the book is a wonderful section about scholarship websites. The workbook provides additional practice problems.

Also, if you have never learned to write a 5 paragraph essay, you will learn it with this program! She makes the process as painless as possible!

Ideally, you should start this program in ninth grade to obtain the full benefit. However, it would be beneficial to anyone who is going to take the SAT.

The price of $79.00 (which is 30% off the original price) for the DVD set may seem a bit pricey at first glance. But, when you realize that your student will be more likely to obtain a merit scholarship after completing this program, the price is really very reasonable. The scholarship web sites at the end of the text book are worth the price by itself! You can purchase separate workbooks ($15.95) and textbooks ($39.95) for other students in the family if needed.

As I stated in my first review, if you’re not satisfied with the COLLEGE PREP GENIUS program, you can send it back within the first 30 days and you will receive your money back

Overall, we feel that this program will be helpful in improving and maximizing SAT test scores.

So, if you Are looking for SAT prep that is more than just a bunch of test questions, one that tells you the secrets behind the questions I recommend College Prep Genius. You can order it at their website at www.collegeprepgenius.com. You can call 81-SAT-2PREP if you have any questions about their program .

Thank you Richey family for helping me out with this review.

No comments:

Disclosure

I would like to let you know that this blog contains reviews done by me in exchange for products from certain companies. I have not received any other compensation for the honest reviews that I post. I will never promise a favorable review. If I don't like the product, I will honestly tell you why.

I would like to disclose the following existing relationships with affiliates: CurrClick, AdSense. I am an affiliate with the aforementioned companies and may receive compensation if a reader clicks through a link on my blog and makes a purchase.

If you have any questions about this, please e-mail me at loriboling@gmail.com.,\