Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bad Mother Award

I really should get the bad mother award today.  I’m too tired (okay, and lazy) to make a nutritious  supper so we are having mac and cheese and french fries.  What really makes me feel bad is Griffin brought his plate and threw it away (of course it was paper) and said “Thanks, Mom”.  I said “What for?”  and he responded, “Supper”.  He wasn’t even being sarcastic.   Just truly thankful for french fries and macaroni and cheese.

So, now I”m sitting here thanking Jesus for food to eat and children who appreciate me, even when I don’t earn the mother of the year award. 

As we approach Thanksgiving, what are you thankful for?  Here’s a partial list for me.

 

God

A wonderful, loving husband to share my life with

Children who are a complete blessing and joy to be with

My husband’s job in a time when so many are without work.

A new church where everyone makes us feel so welcome.

 

Here’s hoping you have an amazing Thanksgiving.   

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments:

Disclosure

I would like to let you know that this blog contains reviews done by me in exchange for products from certain companies. I have not received any other compensation for the honest reviews that I post. I will never promise a favorable review. If I don't like the product, I will honestly tell you why.

I would like to disclose the following existing relationships with affiliates: CurrClick, AdSense. I am an affiliate with the aforementioned companies and may receive compensation if a reader clicks through a link on my blog and makes a purchase.

If you have any questions about this, please e-mail me at loriboling@gmail.com.,\