Monday, July 11, 2011

A productive day


Usually Monday's are rough on me. It takes me awhile to get going after the weekend. Today has been a pleasant surprise. The kids have behaved pretty well, did the schoolwork that I gave them and are now making up songs on the keyboard.

I babysit one little boy on Mondays. He was really good today and him and my kids had a lot of fun playing hide and seek and singing.

After he left, I made dough for enough homemade bread for 8 loaves. This is a recipe I got from Mother Earth news and we all really like it. You can see it here. It is great because you can leave it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Of course, ours won't last near that long.
This picture is from their website. I don't cook it quite this done. We like it less crispy.

I then went out to the gardens and picked cucumbers and peppers. I hope I have enough peppers to make some more pepper jelly. I made it about a month ago and we have ate most of it. It is so yummy on cream cheese with crackers. I'll have to get a red pepper to add to mine so it will be pretty. I'm wishing now I would have planted different types of pepper plants. I definitely will next year. I read somewhere that red, yellow and orange bell peppers are really green ones that have ripened more. Interesting, huh?

Hope you are having a great week. I'll post a picture of my jelly when it's done. Thanks for stopping by and God Bless.

8 comments:

Melissa N. said...

Hi, in response to your comment on the penny items at Staples...

1. GLue bottles each a penny
2. Package of pencil top erasers each package a penny
3. The packages of Pens, each package a penny

the paper was a quarter after mail in or on line rebate

the packages of 4 glue sticks were a 1.00

pencil cases .99 each
mechanical pencils either 1.00 or a quarter, I forgot...

they had a lot more great deals also

check out their sale on line flyer!

May said...

How i wish i have a garden. Thanks for attending and promoting monday mingle blog hop, following back via networked blogs because at the time i visited your GFC is broken. Pls notify me once is back. Have a great week.
http://nzeremm.blogspot.com

Ally said...

I may be prejudice but those kids of yours are just too cute for words! :) love you!

Ann Jones said...

I meant to make bread today and it didn't happen, hopefully tomorrow :) Following you back, I am jealous of your garden, we have absolutely no space for one!

May said...

I visited back like i promised but found out that i am already a follower of your blog.
Have a great day.

Loving learning at Home said...

Thanks, May!

Loving learning at Home said...

Frugal in WV- The square foot garden takes up virtually a 4x4 square. I definitely recommend trying to find at least that much space. The amount of plants is pretty cool that you can fit in there.

Anonymous said...

I loved this bread recipe. My mother in law that that I puchased it! Very easy and delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Disclosure

I would like to let you know that this blog contains reviews done by me in exchange for products from certain companies. I have not received any other compensation for the honest reviews that I post. I will never promise a favorable review. If I don't like the product, I will honestly tell you why.

I would like to disclose the following existing relationships with affiliates: CurrClick, AdSense. I am an affiliate with the aforementioned companies and may receive compensation if a reader clicks through a link on my blog and makes a purchase.

If you have any questions about this, please e-mail me at loriboling@gmail.com.,\