Friday, November 18, 2011

A God Moment

Have you ever noticed that when you get mad, you blame everyone but yourself?  I know I do.  The other day I was at Walmart and the line was crazy long.   I was out by myself shopping and even though I really wasn’t in a hurry, I found myself getting frustrated.  I wasn’t mad at the girl behind the counter, just mad cuz I wasn’t getting helped fast enough. 

I mean, come on, David, Bella and Griffin were waiting on me to go to LaRosa’s and I needed to get finished. 

After just a brief moment of anger, I realized that it was Satan talking. Jesus doesn’t want me to be that way.   

In Luke chapter 6 verse 45, he says:

The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.

I believe God uses all of our moments to show what is in our hearts so we can grow in Him.    I, for one, do not want evil to flow out of my heart.  Doesn’t that sound horrible? 

But, when I react to things negatively that is exactly what is happening.

This holiday season, especially, I am going to step back and make sure my heart reflects Jesus and not Satan in all I do and say.

God Bless.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori- that is so true. I need to let the fruit of the Holy Spirit flow through me... even when I am in a hurry or when I don't want to wait in a long line.
Those are the moments when fan or follower shine through...

Sara @ Embracing Destiny said...

Ooh, this is convicting! Excellent reminder and so very true.

Disclosure

I would like to let you know that this blog contains reviews done by me in exchange for products from certain companies. I have not received any other compensation for the honest reviews that I post. I will never promise a favorable review. If I don't like the product, I will honestly tell you why.

I would like to disclose the following existing relationships with affiliates: CurrClick, AdSense. I am an affiliate with the aforementioned companies and may receive compensation if a reader clicks through a link on my blog and makes a purchase.

If you have any questions about this, please e-mail me at loriboling@gmail.com.,\