Saturday, March 23, 2013

FamilyMint Money Management Certification Program

We learn a lot of things in our homeschool.  Math, English, handwriting, science and more.  Just about every day one of my kids say “Are we ever going to need this Mom?  Except for math, the answer is usually, probably not but you have to learn it anyway.
I am all about my kids learning life skills.   I want them to know how to sew their buttons on when they fall off and  how to balance their checkbooks.  Things that they will actually use in their lives.
So, when I found out I was going to be able to review FamilyMint for the Mosaics Review team I was excited.  The program is called FamilyMint Money Management Certification Program.  It is a complete Step-by-Step program for learning money management.
FamilyMint
Money management is something I haven’t been very good at.  That isn’t a quality I want to pass down to my children.   This is a program that includes a workbook and you also get an online premium program that simulates online banking. 
The 60 page workbook is great because it enforces forming good money spending/saving habits and behaviors.   The workbook states that it helps form and reinforce the following principles:  fmcoverpic
*Saving Money
*Tracking Money
* Setting Goals
* Delaying gratification
* Writing checks and deposit slips
* Budgeting
* Understanding interest and more!
I have been having problems with my computers and my laptop completely broke so we have only used the workbook.  Honestly, it is great all on it’s own and has taught my daughter so much about saving money.  She loved writing the checks.  She didn’t like that I was keeping her money like the book suggests.  She had a problem handing over her $165.  I’m pretty sure she thought I was just looking for a way to swipe her money, Winking smile
It has  made the kids want to be paid for everything they do.  That has become a problem.  I had to explain to them that this isn’t a way to get me to give them more money so they can have everything they want.  It is about learning responsibility with what they have.  
There is a section on Goal setting.  Bella is saving for clothes for her American Girl doll.  She doesn’t want to spend anything she has and wants to only use the additional money she receives.  If you know anything about American Girl Doll anything, you know it is too  much money.  The good thing about Family Mint is that it is helping her realize that you should think about what you spend your money on.
My favorite thing about the program is the envelope system.  This matches the system that I use for our cash.  About two years ago we went to all cash for food, gas and entertainment.  The only thing I don’t use cash for is monthly bills.  I also like that the forms teach the same concepts as using a check register.  I think that is a great usable thing for kids and adults alike to learn.
The workbook can be copied for more than one child in your family.  I appreciate that as a mom who is budgeting herself.  The Money Management Certification Program is geared to kids in grade 5 and up or ages 10 and up.  My daughter just turned 10 and did very well with this.  I haven’t done it yet with my son but plan to start it soon.  I also got a new computer so I am looking forward to going online and letting them use that part of the program also.
So, how can you get FamilyMint for your family? 
There are three different pricing options available. 
First Option
Special Introductory Bundle Offer:  $29.99
This option includes the Money Management Certification Program workbook and a lifetime subscription to the FamilyMint Premium online application. This is usually individually priced at $25.00.  When you purchase additional workbooks with this option they are 50% off.  When you buy additional workbooks you also get free shipping.
Second Option :
Premium online application subscription only 
$24.99 annual or $4.95 monthly
The Premium option includes everything in the free version but also includes a mobile version that works on mobile devices (internet  access is required), a savings plan, interest, a locking feature that limits withdrawals and deposits, a matching feature, no ads and there is no limit on historical transactions.  This does not include a workbook.

Premium includes everything in the free version plus mobile ability, a savings plan, interest, a locking feature, a matching feature, no ads and no limit on historical transactions.  No Certification Program workbook is included.
Third Option:
Free online application only (includes 14 day Family Mint Premium trial)
Because I wasn’t able to use the online version yet, I suggest you check out what the other Mosaic Reviewers have to say about that portion of the program.   I really loved the workbook and think that this is a good program for all kids to use. 
You can check out sample pages and an application tour by clicking here.
I’m bringing back my Smiley Guide because I loved it and missed it.  It is a cute way to show how much I like a product.
Our family gives Family Mint
image image imageimage
Smiley guide
image
1 Smiley - Product not really for our family. Probably wouldn’t buy. This really should probably be a frown face but we hate to be negative.
image image
2 Smileys - Would maybe buy this product if on sale. Not a great fit for our family.
image image image
3 Smileys - We really liked this product and would probably recommend this to friends and fellow homeschoolers.
image image image image
4 – Smileys – Definitely would buy this if the budget would allow. We suggest you check this out to see if it is a fit for your family.
image image image image image
5 Smileys – Would sell the family pets to get this one (just kidding). A must have for our family and we think you should get it too.
Thank you to FamilyMint and Mosaics Review for the opportunity to try this product. 
                                                                            529707_537063872991803_1913200361_n

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love you and I love your smiley system! Too cute!

Susie said...

That looks great!

Disclosure

I would like to let you know that this blog contains reviews done by me in exchange for products from certain companies. I have not received any other compensation for the honest reviews that I post. I will never promise a favorable review. If I don't like the product, I will honestly tell you why.

I would like to disclose the following existing relationships with affiliates: CurrClick, AdSense. I am an affiliate with the aforementioned companies and may receive compensation if a reader clicks through a link on my blog and makes a purchase.

If you have any questions about this, please e-mail me at loriboling@gmail.com.,\