Monday, November 11, 2013

Gratitude Challenge

Here it is.  Day 11 of a month of Thankfulness.    It’s funny how you have an idea of what you are going to write about and then BAM it all changes.

Not that my reasons have changed.  Maybe just my attitude about my thankfulness.

So starting today I will share two things I am thankful for. 

First read this.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[1]

Know what that is?

It’s the 1st Amendment to the Constitution.   The one that allows us to say whatever we would like to.  No one can take away our freedom of speech. 

I love that.

Now, God doesn’t want us to say things out of spite, or hate, or anything other than love.  I try to remember that at all times. 

It seems that I have offended people with what I talk about.  I guess I should apologize.  Actually, I wanna just say, if you don’t like what I have to say, please feel free to head on over to another blog and read it.   I am aware that I cannot please everyone and I don’t even have the strength or desire to try.

But. . . . . . .

If I can help just one person get through something hard, see things a little different, change for the better, or draw a little closer to God, then all of my efforts have been worth it.   I write this blog for me.  In the hopes that it helps people see what our homeschooling life is all about.  I am blessed beyond anything I have ever deserved.

Another thing, feel free to comment.  That’s what it is there for.  All I ask is that you be respectful.  I would never say anything to intentionally hurt anyone.  I  mean that.  If you have an issue with something I have said, maybe it  is because it hits a little closer to home than you would like to admit. 

The old saying “ the truth hurts'” is sometimes truer than we would like for it to be.   I am not perfect.  Haven’t ever claimed to be. 

Don’t expect it or you will be sadly disappointed. 

So, today I am thankful for the first amendment to our constitution that allows me to freely say and write what I want to convey.  Like it or don’t. .    It’s my right.  And yours.    And for the Veteran’s who have fought for our freedoms.  Happy Veteran’s Day.

Secondly, I am thankful for unanswered prayers.    Garth Brooks knew what he was talking about.

That is all.

God Bless.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Lori, love to hear what you have to say and sooo glad you have the freedom to say it. :) You rock girl!! <3

Stephanie @ CornAndCotton.com said...

I love reading it. I'm bad about commenting, but I'm trying to get better! Keep sharing and talking. Our stories help many. Sometimes I think God gives us a place to share those experiences for the people who need to hear them. It's your platform. Use it. Go freedom of speech!

Daniele said...

I loved this blog, and I read your blogs from time to time. I care what you are going through and have prayed for you.

berrypatch said...

It's why I decided to call our homeschool Freedom Academy. Great post!

Pam said...

Great reminders! We should all be thankful for these things. Happy Veteran's Day to you, also. Thanks for sharing with us!

Diane said...

Great post!

Catherine said...

I usually read your blog without commenting but any time I'm given an open invitation to opine I feel obliged to take it. I love your blog, your honesty, and you! What kind of fruitcake (How is that for polite and seasonal?) could ever be upset by a sweet blog like yours?!

It's your corner of cyberspace, don't let some silly blowhard rain on your parade. xo

Unknown said...

You go, Girl! I'm so proud of you for your openness and honesty and for using what some might consider a bad situation to help others in similar situations. Don't let ANYONE stop you from sharing. Just keep pressing on. (And I agree about that song!)

Tara Bentley said...

Good for you! You've come a long way girl..

Mrs. White said...

I absolutely love this!

Many of us enjoy visiting your blog,and hearing about your life and homeschool.

Thank you for blogging!

Blessings
Mrs. White
The Legacy of Home

My Sanctuary Moments said...

Amen! Speak the Truth! Speak whatever the Lord brings to your heart to share. We all do this to help that someone. Don't let ANYONE stop you from writing what God has anointed you to write. Honor God NOT man. Wonderful article!

Loving learning at Home said...

Thank you for your comments. I love my friends who encourage my homeschooling and blog. God bless you guys.

Disclosure

I would like to let you know that this blog contains reviews done by me in exchange for products from certain companies. I have not received any other compensation for the honest reviews that I post. I will never promise a favorable review. If I don't like the product, I will honestly tell you why.

I would like to disclose the following existing relationships with affiliates: CurrClick, AdSense. I am an affiliate with the aforementioned companies and may receive compensation if a reader clicks through a link on my blog and makes a purchase.

If you have any questions about this, please e-mail me at loriboling@gmail.com.,\