Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Praying for those who are hurting

God has blessed me in so many ways.  I know that he has for everyone.  But, today there are many of my friends and those  I know who are hurting.   Please know that I am praying.  God is near, even when it seems like he isn’t. 

Things I am praying for today:

  • Those in Joplin who have lost loved ones, their homes and the feeling of safety.  We can’t control the weather but we can know that he who does is watching over you.   Let the peace and comfort of Jesus help you in this time of uncertainty and pain.

 

  • The family of Seth Blevins.  This young man was killed in Afghanistan yesterday while serving our country.  I can’t imagine how lost his family is feeling today.  May they be surrounded by loved ones and friends and most importantly, Jesus during this  time. 

Thank you to all of those who have died protecting my way of life. 

Here is a video for all of those who have lost loved ones in the war. 

 

And, for the Blevins family, know that people who never even met your son are praying for you.  My heart breaks for your loss.  

All of these tragedies remind me that we never know when God is going to call us home.   So,  I am praying that those who are lost find Jesus.   Amen

No comments:

Disclosure

I would like to let you know that this blog contains reviews done by me in exchange for products from certain companies. I have not received any other compensation for the honest reviews that I post. I will never promise a favorable review. If I don't like the product, I will honestly tell you why.

I would like to disclose the following existing relationships with affiliates: CurrClick, AdSense. I am an affiliate with the aforementioned companies and may receive compensation if a reader clicks through a link on my blog and makes a purchase.

If you have any questions about this, please e-mail me at loriboling@gmail.com.,\