Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Time of Thanksgiving

I cannot believe it is already November. 

Where has this year gone??    Oh, I remember. . . .    A lot of crappy days interspersed with some good ones. 

But. . . . .. .

I made it.  

I lived through the agony of my husband leaving me.   It sucked and I would never have made it But God.

But God.

Isn’t that what most of  our lives are?  But God moments.

I love when God intervenes in the midst of life.   He is always there.  But I have to admit I forget to look for him at times and then I have a But God moment.  

I was completely broken when my ex-husband left me.    I never thought I would give up on my marriage.  I promised forever.  I meant it.   But God . . .   had different plans for me.  I truly believe he never wanted me to be hurt and degraded.  I should have never allowed it to go on for as long as I did..

But God . .

showed me when was the right time to give up and let Him handle it.

I’m tired of complaining.  I’m tired of feeling like I’m not good enough.  Because God says different.

This Thanksgiving season I chose to see the best in people.

I chose to let go and Let God.

He will lead me where he wants me to go.  I will listen to him in the little moments as well as the big ones. 

I am happier now because I am choosing His way.  Not my way.  Not always what I want.  But more and more I am choosing God.

I cannot wait to celebrate Thanksgiving with the people I love.  

And then Christmas.    This is my favorite time of the year.    A time to reflect on all of our blessings.  

Thank you Jesus for showing me that even when things do not go as I plan, I can see your hand in my life. 

No comments:

Disclosure

I would like to let you know that this blog contains reviews done by me in exchange for products from certain companies. I have not received any other compensation for the honest reviews that I post. I will never promise a favorable review. If I don't like the product, I will honestly tell you why.

I would like to disclose the following existing relationships with affiliates: CurrClick, AdSense. I am an affiliate with the aforementioned companies and may receive compensation if a reader clicks through a link on my blog and makes a purchase.

If you have any questions about this, please e-mail me at loriboling@gmail.com.,\