Friday, February 3, 2012

Kinderbach - TOS review

Photobucket
Do you have a child who wants to learn to play the piano?  No time for driving to lessons?  Or may you don't know of anyone around you that teaches piano lessons?  If you answered yes to these questions then Kinderbach may be just what you are looking for. 

I  took piano lessons for      y. . . .e . . . a. . . .r. . . . s. .  

I hated it.  I hated practicing.  I pretty much hated everything about it.  Except the piano my grandma bought my sister and me.  Now that was sweet.  My mom and dad still have it and I  love to play it for my kids when we go there.    But, since I only have a keyboard, I really don't play much anymore.  My kids, on the other hand, love music.  They love every instrument.   And they want to learn how to play them all.  My son plays the guitar.  They both can play the recorder.  Bella loves the drums.  But, I really want them (I'm sure like my mom wanted me to) to learn to play the piano.   Thankfully, they both are willing.

Kinderbach is an online music program that starts at the very beginning and your child will be playing songs after only a few lessons.  Real songs like Take me Out to the Ballgame.  If you start now they will definitely be playing that one by opening day in April (and probably sooner). 

Did I mention this is online?

You don't have to find time to drive to lessons and stop what you are doing at home.  It happens at home.  Which you know I love, right?  It's homeschooling piano lessons.  It isn't just for homeschoolers though.

I was able to review Kinderbach  a few years ago and Bella really enjoyed it.  Like a lot of things, we stopped using it after the review because we had so many other things going on.  Bella was really excited to start this again.  She could have skipped over the beginning lessons because she remembered it but liked it so much she did them again.

She loved getting to revisit Dodi's house, Sir Edward and Carla the Catapillar.  Each of these are taught by learning where they live on the keyboard, you learn the letters C,D and E on the piano.  Isn't that cool?  They don't even realize they are learning.  You also get coloring sheets with most of the lessons that help reiterate.  This is great for children that learn better by doing (coloring and playing the keyboard make two ways). 

Photobucket
The beautiful lady in the picture is Kerri Gregor.  She is the creator of Kinderbach and a super sweet person.  I met her at a homeschool conference a few years ago and spent some time talking with her.  She has a passion for music that shines through  in person and online.

As a parent, you can read the parent guide to learn how the program works and see if you think your little ones will like it.   Currently, there are 7 levels of music.  The Kinderbach Scope and Sequence can be viewed on the website.   You can purchase the online lessons for only $7.99 a month by purchasing a years subscription for $95.98.  That's insanely inexpensive for private piano lessons.  In my little town, lessons are anywhere from $15 to $20 a lesson.   Think of the money you will save.  Also no gas to buy.  Other ways to purchase include buying the DVD set (this is great for those who don't have online access or slow internet connections).   A friend of mine has the DVD's and loves them.  You can  enter the code TOScrew and receive 30% off when ordering. 

You do not have to have a musical background of any kind for your child to use this online program.  It is designed for preschool to age 7 (Bella is 8 and enjoyed it).   The student watches a short video for each lesson and there is either a coloring sheet or activity to do related to the lesson.

If the very reasonable price isn't enough to lure you in you can  try the free two week trial to see if this might work for your child.

Photobucket

If you have a young child who would like to learn the piano, this is a great way to save money over taking lessons from an instructor.  Check out the website to  learn how the program works. There is a 30 day money back guarantee so you have nothing to lose. 

If you are into all the new gadgets, (honestly, I don't know anyone who isn't) you will love that Kinderbach can be used on your Ipod, Iphone and Android devices.  They are working on apps for these devices and have already came out with one for the Ipad (lessons 1-3).  This company  is definitely interested in staying up to date with its products.  LOVE THAT.

I received an online subscription sample (3 months) as part of this review.  No other compensation was received.  Thank you Kinderbach for this opportunity.    You can check out what the other TOS crew members have to say about Kinderbach here.

No comments:

Disclosure

I would like to let you know that this blog contains reviews done by me in exchange for products from certain companies. I have not received any other compensation for the honest reviews that I post. I will never promise a favorable review. If I don't like the product, I will honestly tell you why.

I would like to disclose the following existing relationships with affiliates: CurrClick, AdSense. I am an affiliate with the aforementioned companies and may receive compensation if a reader clicks through a link on my blog and makes a purchase.

If you have any questions about this, please e-mail me at loriboling@gmail.com.,\